Last Updated: January 29, 2020
We Respect Your Privacy
In the course of serving you as an individual or as someone associated with a corporation or institution, Digital Prism Advisors, (“we”, “our”, “us” or “Digital Prism Advisors”) may collect, hold, use and disclose (“process”) information about individuals which may constitute personal data.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The first principle of data protection is that personal data must be processed fairly and lawfully. The DPA says that in order for the processing to be fair, the data controller (the organization in control of processing the data) has to make certain information available to the data subjects (the individuals whom the data relates to), so far as practicable:
Who Are We?
The controller of the data of this website is Digital Prism Advisors, a company registered in New York, United States. The registered office of the Company is Digital Prism Advisors, 21 West 46th Street, New York, NY 10036, United States.
Digital Prism Advisors is GDPR-ready
At Digital Prism Advisors, nothing to us is more important than the success of our customers and the protection of their personal data. With customers in nearly every country in the world, we adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR expands the privacy rights granted to European individuals and requires certain companies that process the personal data of European individuals to comply with a new set of regulations. In particular, the GDPR may apply to companies that process the personal data of European individuals and have a presence in the EU (e.g. offices or establishments) and to companies that do not have any presence in the EU but target the European market (e.g. by offering goods or services to the European market) or monitor the behavior of European individuals. We’re here to help our customers in their efforts to comply with the GDPR.
What is GDPR?
In 2016, the European Union (EU) approved a new privacy regulation called the General Data Protection Regulation commonly known as the GDPR. It’s a mandatory ruling that applies to all companies that collect the data and information of EU individuals and meet certain territorial requirements. The GDPR is designed to strengthen the security and protection of personal data in the EU, as well as provide businesses with a structured framework on how to collect, process, use, and share personal data. Under the GDPR, the concept of “personal data” is very broad, and covers almost any information relating to a specific individual.
When Are These Regulations Starting To Be Enforced?
All companies collecting or processing the personal data of EU individuals must be GDPR compliant by May 25, 2018.
Controllers and Processors
The GDPR defines and distinguishes between two types of parties and responsibilities when it comes to collecting and processing personal data: data controllers and data processors. A data controller determines the purposes and ways that personal data is processed, while a data processor is a party that processes data on behalf of the controller. That means that the controller could be any company or organization. A processor could be a SaaS, IT or other company that is actually processing the data on behalf of the controller. Digital Prism Advisors is a Data Processor. Digital Prism Advisors customers (the organizations who use Digital Prism Advisors) are Data Controllers. The controller is responsible to make sure that all processors with whom it deals will be GDPR compliant and the processors themselves must keep records of their processing activities.
What Steps Were Taken By Digital Prism Advisors Following the GDPR Requirements?
We welcome the arrival of GDPR and view the regulations as raising the bar for data protection, security, and compliance. We will continue to be committed to our customers to help them comply with the GDPR while using Digital Prism Advisors as their data processor.
We worked with our consultants, security and legal teams to make both our services and our legal terms in line with the GPDR and will continue to ensure they keep in line continuously.
We’ll continue to monitor the guidance around GDPR compliance and will ensure that our services and processes are complying with those guidance when they become effective.
Where Can I Learn More About GDPR?
Additional information is available on the official GDPR website of the European Union.
The GDPR requires that the information we provide regarding how we capture personal data must be: concise, transparent, intelligible, easily accessible, written in clear and plain language, particularly if addressed to a child and free of charge.
In that vein, we will attempt to be as clear, concise and as easily understood as possible about how we collect, use and store your data.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We collect the following types of personal data about you:
Voluntarily Provided Personal Data
- If you contact us via the Website, we will collect the information that you provide when you do so, such as your name, email address, telephone number, firm name, firm type, and any information included in your message to us.
- If you apply for a job via the Website, we will collect the information that you provide when you do so, such as your name, email address, phone number and any information contained in your resume or other document(s) you submit to us.
Automatically Collected Personal Data
- As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including, without limitation, details of your visits to the Website (such as traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website), information about your computer and internet connection (such as your IP address, operating system and browser type) and other information obtained through third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
Of course, you are not required to supply any of the personal data that we may request. However, failure to supply any of the personal data that we may request may result in our being unable to fulfill or respond to your relevant request. To help us ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you should promptly notify us if there are any changes to your personal data. We shall not be responsible for the authenticity of any personal data or any losses arising from any inaccurate or deficient personal data that you supply to us.
What Are The Purposes For Which We Use Your Personal Data?
We may process your personal data that we have collected as follows:
- To fulfill the request for which you provided the data and for other reasonably related purposes we determine are appropriate. For example, if you have requested information from us, we may process the personal data you provided to respond to you with the information requested, or if you have provided personal data for recruitment purposes, we may process that data to confirm your references and educational background, to consider your suitability for any current or future recruitment requirements or to contact you about your job application.
- To contact you about other services and products we offer unless you have opted out of receiving such communications.
- To exercise or defend our legal rights, or to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and requests anywhere in the world.
- As otherwise permitted under any applicable law or regulation or if you have provided us with prior consent.
When Do We Disclose Personal Data We Collect About You?
You should know that:
- Digital Prism Advisors will not sell, rent, and/or trade your personal data without your permission.
- To third-parties to whom we assign or novate our rights or obligations.
- To a prospective seller or buyer in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets or if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third-party, in which case personal data will be one of the transferred assets.
- To regulatory, enforcement or exchange bodies or courts anywhere in the world as required by applicable law or regulations anywhere in the world or at their request.
How Can You Opt-out Of Use Of Your Personal Data For Marketing Purposes?
- Clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive from us and following the instructions
- Submitting a written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mailing correspondence to Digital Prism Advisors, 21 West 46th Street, New York, NY 10036, United States.
Third-party Links and Ads
The Website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors to those other websites should consult the privacy notices made available on those websites, as we have no control over information or data that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
How Do We Protect the Security and Confidentiality of Your Personal Data We Collect About You?
Digital Prism Advisors employs various physical, technical and procedural safeguards to protect any information that you provide to us from accidental or unauthorized loss, misuse, damage, modification, access or disclosure.
Third-parties who process your personal data for us also employ physical, technical and procedural safeguards to protect such information against unauthorized access, destruction or loss.
Any communication or material you transmit to us via email or otherwise, including without limitation to any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, but not including your personal information and any requests, comments or concerns regarding your personal information, will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies are small, usually randomly encoded, text files that help your browser navigate through our websites. The cookie file is generated by the Website when you access it and is accepted and processed by your computer’s browser software. The cookie file is stored in your browser’s folder or subfolder. Cookies and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons enable us to compile statistical information about how you use our Website, including, without limitation, information relating to the frequency of visits, IP addresses, the average length of visits, which pages are viewed during a visit, the effectiveness of any advertising on the Website, authentication information, periods of inactivity, time zones, language preferences and other regional information. We and our third-party service providers may use information from cookies and other technologies for the following purposes:
- To improve the Website content and performance.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To recognize you when you return to the Website.
- To deliver a better and more personalized service by allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
Information held in cookies and other technologies set by Digital Prism Advisors are kept to a minimum and can only be read by Digital Prism Advisors, our authorized third-party service providers or by someone who has physical access to your personal computer. Many web browsers allow you to control the use of most cookies through their browser settings. To learn more about cookies, including information on what cookies have been set on your computer and how cookies can be managed and deleted, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Our Website also uses Google Analytics to track your activity. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from any person under 13 years of age. If you become aware that such information has been provided by a child under 13, please send contact us via the details set out in the “How can you Contact Us?” section below.
What Rights Do You Have?
If you wish to access a copy of your personal data or you wish to modify any personal data which we hold about you, or you want us to cease processing any of your personal data held by us, subject to applicable law, you can do so by written request via our contact details set out in the “How can you Contact Us?” section below.
In the case of a request for access to personal data, we reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee, if applicable. You may be required to supply a valid means of identification as a security precaution to assist us in preventing the unauthorized disclosure of your personal data. We will process your request within the time provided by applicable law.
Do Not Track Policy
We do not engage in the collection of personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services and do not enable third-parties to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our online services. As such, we do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals.
How Can You Contact Us?
Digital Prism Advisors, 21 West 46th Street, New York, NY 10036, United States, email@example.com.